Subject: Re: games (fwd)
From: Christian Aubert <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 11:16:03 -0500

On Jan 15, 10:51am, Sultan Ghahtani wrote:

> living) to Bay area(expensive). I also find it a challenge to see if I
> can persuade them to drop ALIAS and show them the real power of animation
> using LIghtwave (SO I WILL NEED YOUR HELP, DAMN IT ;) ) I hope to get
> some feedback on this and to some written arguemtns of why LIghtwave is a
> much better system ( I believe it is)

Don't want to start another package war, but don't dismiss Alias like it were a
toy. Sounds to me like you've never even laid a hand on an Alias system. I use
both packages here (along with experience on Softimage and Wavefront), and
believe me, they're both good at what they do.

LW is used for polygonal modeling, for which I believe it's the best software
regardless of price (I have yet to see Nichimen Graphics' modeler, which I hear
could be even better).

Alias is great for character animation. Once IK is set up, I could do a walk up
stairs in a couple minutes.

I would not expect to persuade them (whoever they are) to drop ALIAS. I got
Alias in this office, *and* persuaded our direction of LW's qualities for the
job we have. Each package is used when it makes most sense.

You can't swear by one package and say it's the absolute best!

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 Christian Aubert - 3D Art Tech               [email-masked]
 Megatoon Studios                         VOX: 418-527-3636 #236  
 http://www.megatoon.com/~chris           FAX: 418-527-4373
-----------------------------------------------------------------